Open houses are a good way to get some people in your home, create a buzz for your new listing, and hopefully get a quick sale. Creating a successful open house requires a little preparation.
- Put fresh or silk flowers in principal rooms for a touch of color.
- Add a new shower curtain, fresh towels, and new guest soaps to every bath.
- Set out potpourri or fresh baked goods for a homey smell.
- Set the table with pretty dishes and candles.
- Buy a fresh doormat with a clever saying.
- Take one or two major pieces of furniture out of every room to create a sense of spaciousness.
- Put away kitchen appliances and personal bathroom items to give the illusion of more counter space.
- Lay a fire in the fireplace. Or put a basket of flowers there if it’s not in use.
- Depersonalize the rooms by putting away family photos, mementos, and distinctive artwork.
The little things that you do can make all the difference in the world. For more suggestions, contact me and we can discuss our entire marketing plan to get your home solf for the best possible price!