If you are considering a move to Wyomissing, PA, you may be interested in the many interesting things to do in the area. The Matt Wolf Team and Berks Real Estate can help.
The Matt Wolf Team specializes in residential real estate and is ready to help clients buy and sell homes in Berks County and throughout Southeast Pennsylvania.
We are always delighted to share our vast knowledge about things to do in the area and enjoy helping you learn about the neighborhoods, historic sights, schools, and recreational opportunities throughout the area.
Discover the Wyomissing Area
Since its founding in 1906, Wyomissing, part of the Reading metropolitan area, has been a unique place to live and work, offering the relaxed atmosphere of country living along with excellent shopping and dining, a wide variety of cultural events, and any other convenience you may need just minutes away.
For many, Wyomissing’s location along Tulpehocken Creek and the Schuylkill River help make the borough one the best places to live in Pennsylvania, but there are many attractions your family is sure to enjoy. For example:
- Culture – Between 1834 and 1885, Berks County was home to 45 covered bridges. Follow the Covered Bridge Trail to see the five historic bridges that have survived. And don’t miss the 28-mile Hex Barn Art tour between Kutztown and Hamburg, where you’ll see unique symbols of the Pennsylvania Dutch painted on barns throughout the area.
- Biking –Reading has been designated as a national Bike Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists. Whether you are a novice or an advanced rider, you will find several scenic trail networks within miles of the city center that wind their way through the woodlands, forest, country roads and breathtaking scenery of Berks County.
- History – History buffs will enjoy nearby Hopewell Furnace Historic Site, America’s best-preserved example of an 18th century iron plantation. It was built in 1771 to produce iron for Revolutionary War cannon, cannonballs, shot, and shell to replace iron imported from England. George Washington was a customer. It also produced iron during the mid-1800s for Civil War weapons. There are 42 restored structures to see (for free), and the site hosts special reenactment events.
- Art – The 5-story GoggleWorks Center for the Arts was the original home of the Willson Goggles factory. Today, it’s the largest, most comprehensive interactive arts center of its kind in the nation. Ongoing art exhibits, dozens of artists and craftspeople working in their studios, and walk-in workshops are the focus of this Reading cultural resource. Admission and parking are free.
- Birdwatching – Hawk Mountain Sanctuary is the world’s first refuge for birds of prey and one of the best places in North America to view the annual hawk migration. If you’re intrigued by hawks, bald eagles, falcons, and other majestic birds, take a hike through the paths and rocky outcroppings with your binoculars and enjoy the spectacular views.
Whether you are looking for your dream home in Wyomissing, PA at a great price, or more suggestions for fun things to do in the area, give Berks Real Estate with RE/MAX a call today at (610) 685-3189. We’re ready to help!
Here is just a small selection of homes that are available in Wyomissing, PA.
To view more listings in Berks County, please visit our Advanced Search function here: Search for Berks County Real Estate
[idx-listings city=”Wyomissing” propertytypes=”424″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” count=”5″ showlargerphotos=”true”]