If you are considering buying a home in Sinking Spring, PA, there are dozens of things to do in the area to keep everyone in the family happy!
Berks Real Estate specializes in residential real estate in Berks County and surrounding counties. If you are considering buying a home in Berks County, The Matt Wolf Team can help you narrow down your choices and will look out for your interests every step of the way.
Whether you are dreaming of a home in a quaint, small-town atmosphere in the midst of wooded hills, or something more urban and luxurious, we can help you find a home you love.
Activities In & Around Sinking Spring
The small Borough of Sinking Spring is located in Lower Heidelberg Township in Berks County and is surrounded by hills, valleys, rolling fields of corn, rye, and wheat, and panoramic vistas of Blue Marsh Lake and the majestic Blue Mountains. Buyers will find a wide variety of homes here in all price points.
In terms of recreation, residents of Sinking Spring enjoy the Pagoda Golf Area, a premier golf facility that has been named one of the Top 100 Golf Ranges in America, Berks County’s finest swimming and recreational facility at Green Valley Country Club, and the myriad of museums, historic sites, and outdoor activities in the surrounding area.
Other popular activities in the area include:
- Antietam Lake: Surrounded by 643 acres of scenic park land, this reservoir lake in Lower Alsace Township is a beautiful setting for picnics, fishing, hiking, biking, and just enjoying the peace and quiet.
- Berks County Heritage Center: This is a wonderful resource for exploring Berks County’s extensive cultural history. Walk through the Red Bridge, the longest single span covered bridge in Pennsylvania. Visit Gruber Wagon Works, a National Historic Landmark that memorializes the bygone American wagon-making industry.
- Daniel Boone Homestead: Located in Birdsboro, the Daniel Boone Homestead is the site of the birthplace of famous American frontiersman Daniel Boone. The museum tells the story of the early 18th-century settlers in Pennsylvania’s Oley Valley as well as Daniel Boone’s youth, and the historic park is full of pleasant hiking trails and picnic sites.
- Mid-Atlantic Air Museum: Carl A. Spaatz field, Reading’s regional airport, is home to the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum which is both a museum and a facility for the restoration of antique aircraft. The museum also hosts the annual “World War II Weekend Air Show” which is well-known across the region.
- Nolde Forest Environmental Education Center: With 665 acres of beautiful, dense deciduous woodlands and plantations of conifers, the property features a network of trails that cross streams and ponds and are ideal for birdwatching, hiking, and nature photography.
- Planetarium at the Reading Public Museum: Reading is home to the Neag Planetarium, the largest and most popular planetarium between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Adults and kids love the state-of-the-art SciDome full-immersion video system that lets you view the universe in fantastic detail, color and movement.
The Matt Wolf Team at Berks Real Estate can introduce you to some great homes for sale in Sinking Spring, PA, and help you discover many more interesting things to do in the area. Give us a call today at 610-685-3189, and let’s get to work!
Here is just a small selection of homes that are available in Sinking Spring, PA.
To view more listings in Berks County, please visit our Advanced Search function here: Search for Berks County Real Estate
[idx-listings city=”Sinking Spring” propertytypes=”424″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” count=”5″ showlargerphotos=”true”]