If you have the weekend free, there are plenty of things to do in the Reading, PA area that will keep you entertained, from nature to arts, culture, history and top-notch entertainment!
The Matt Wolf Team at Berks Real Estate with RE/MAX specializes in residential real estate in Berks County and surrounding counties and has been involved with hundreds of real estate transactions throughout southeastern Pennsylvania. We are delighted to share our vast local knowledge of the area and fill you in about things to do in the area for the whole family to enjoy.
Mountain Biking – Reading has been designated as a national Bike Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists. Whether you are a novice or an advanced rider, you will find several scenic trail networks within 15 miles of Reading’s city center that wind their way through the woodlands, forest, country roads and breathtaking scenery of Berks County.
Planetarium at the Reading Public Museum – Neag Planetarium at the Reading Public Museum is the largest and most popular planetarium between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Adults and kids alike love the state-of-the-art full-dome digital visuals that enable visitors to see the universe in fantastic detail, color and movement.
Santander Arena & Performing Arts Center – The multi-purpose Santander Arena is Reading’s premier venue for sports and entertainment. This is the place to be for upcoming concerts, Broadway shows, and to catch the action of the Reading Royals ice hockey team who make the arena their home.
Shop, Work and Dine at GoggleWorks Center for the Arts – See an art exhibit, watch artists, woodworkers, ceramists, glass blowers, and jewelry artisans in their studios, or watch a film in the 130-seat movie theater. There are walk-in workshops, and the kids will enjoy make-and-take projects. While you’re there, have lunch at the café and do some gift shopping. There’s no admission fee and plenty of convenient free parking.
Wineries – Follow the Berks County wine trail through the beautiful countryside and experience the hospitality of the area’s family-owned wineries. Much of the fruit is grown in nearby orchards in our rich agricultural region. Here are a few wineries to explore:
- Blair Vineyards in Kutztown – Visit their outdoor tasting pavilion, enjoy their dry European-styled wines, and get a 360° view of the Blue Mountains.
- Calvaresi Winery in Bernville – This small, family-owned winery practices the Germanic style of winemaking and they’ve produced many award-winning grape and fruit wines.
- Clover Hill Vineyards and Winery in Robesonia – This is one of Pennsylvania’s largest wineries, producing more than 70,000 gallons annually. Take a picnic lunch and relax for a while.
- Kog Hill Winery in Morgantown – Nestled along the foothills of Pennsylvania’s Amish Country in southern Berks County, enjoy over 20 award-winning Pennsylvania wines, ranging from sweet to dry.
- Manatawny Creek Winery in Douglassville – Located on a 90-acre farm along the banks of Manatawny Creek, they produce a wide variety of wine styles.
- Pinnacle Ridge Winery in Kutztown – Housed in a renovated Pennsylvania Bank Barn from 1851, Pinnacle Ridge is one of the most awarded wineries in the state.
For more great ideas about things to do in Reading, PA this weekend, and for help finding the home of your dreams in Berks County, give The Matt Wolf Team at Berks Real Estate a call at 610-685-3189.
Here is just a small selection of homes that are available in Berks County, PA.
To view more listings in Berks County, please visit our Advanced Search function here: Search for Berks County Real Estate
[idx-listings county=”Berks” propertytypes=”424″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” count=”5″ showlargerphotos=”true”]