Interested in learning more about the Reading, PA area? The Matt Wolf Team at Berks Real Estate can help you find an affordable home and explore the many fun things to do in Berks County.
The Matt Wolf Team at Berks Real Estate specializes in residential real estate in Berks County and surrounding counties in Southeastern Pennsylvania. A member of the RE/MAX International Hall of Fame and Chairman’s Club, Matt Wolf and his team have vast knowledge about the region that can help you realize your buying and selling goals.
Whether you are dreaming of a home in a quaint, small-town atmosphere in the midst of wooded hills, or something more urban and luxurious, we can help you find a home you love in Reading.
If you are interested in history, museums, outdoor recreation, sports, or great wines and fine dining, you can rely on our local knowledge of the area to help you discover a variety of fun things to do.
Fun for History Buffs
- Berks County Heritage Center – This is a wonderful resource for exploring Berks County’s extensive cultural history. Walk through the Red Bridge, the longest single span covered bridge in Pennsylvania, which was built in 1867 and stretches 220 feet across Tulpehocken Creek. Visit Gruber Wagon Works, a National Historic Landmark that memorializes the bygone American wagon-making industry.
- The Pagoda – On top of Reading’s Mount Penn, you’ll find one of the city’s most recognizable and popular attractions. It was built in 1906 by William A. Witman, Sr., who originally planned to make it a resort. The building stands 7 stories tall and the grounds provide a spectacular view of the city.
Fun for Kids
- Planetarium at the Reading Public Museum – Reading is home to the Neag Planetarium, the largest and most popular planetarium between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Adults and kids love the state-of-the-art SciDome full-immersion video system that lets you view the universe in fantastic detail, color and movement.
Fun for Sports Fans
- Fightin’ Phils Baseball – The Reading Fightin’ Phils, formerly the Reading Phillies, have been entertaining fans since 1967 at FirstEnergy Stadium. The team is the Double-A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies, one of the longest-running affiliations in Minor League Baseball.
- Reading Royals Hockey – Catch the exciting action of the Reading Royals ice hockey team of the ECHL who make their home at the Santander Arena, Reading’s premier venue for sports and entertainment. Its capacity ranges from 6,000 to 9,000, depending on the event, including club seats and luxury suites.
The Great Outdoors
- Mountain Biking –Reading has been designated as a national Bike Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists. Whether you are a novice or an advanced rider, you will find several scenic trail networks within 15 miles of Reading’s city center that wind their way through the woodlands, forest, country roads and breathtaking scenery of Berks County.
- Blue Marsh Lake –Just minutes from Reading, you’ll find man-made Blue March Lake along Tulpehocken Creek where you can enjoy boating, kayaking, canoeing, hiking, biking, fishing and bird-watching. With more than 36 miles of trails that pass through picturesque forest and fields, Blue Marsh Lake is also a great spot for walking, running, cycling and horseback riding.
Whether you are looking for your dream home at a great price, or more suggestions for fun things to do in Reading, PA, give The Matt Wolf Team a call today at (610) 685-3189. We’re ready to help!
Here is just a small selection of homes that are available in Reading, PA.
To view more listings in Berks County, please visit our Advanced Search function here: Search for Berks County Real Estate
[idx-listings city=”Reading” propertytypes=”424″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” count=”5″ showlargerphotos=”true”]