Reading, PA is a great place to live, work and play. When it comes to recreation, cultural activities, and festivals that highlight the area’s rich cultures and traditions, the city offers a wide variety of options.
The Matt Wolf Team at Berks Real Estate specializes in residential real estate in Berks County and surrounding counties in southeastern Pennsylvania. A member of the RE/MAX International Hall of Fame and Chairman’s Club, Matt Wolf has vast knowledge of the region and has the expertise and professionalism you need to help you accomplish your buying and selling goals.
Berks County is located in the beautiful Pennsylvania countryside, just 45 minutes from Philadelphia and the Poconos, and three hours from New York, Washington, DC, and the Jersey Shore. The rich variety of affordable family homes in the area start around $100,000 and range to more than $1,000,000.
Reading is home to a diverse group of businesses and industries, outstanding school districts, and a wide variety of arts and entertainment options, including historic sites, museums, antique markets, outlet shopping, auto races, sports, caves to explore, and hiking and biking trails.
Reading is also a magnet for year-round festivals and events, including:
- Reading Fire + Ice Fest (January) – Berks County’s flagship winter festival features a weekend of indoor and outdoor activities on Penn Street in downtown Reading, including live music, ice sculpture carving demonstrations, chili cookoff, food trucks, interactive ice sculptures and more.
- Berks Jazz Fest (April) – This 10-day music extravaganza is the largest jazz festival on the East Coast and has brought some of the top entertainers and musicians in jazz, blues, world music, gospel and R&B to Reading for more than 25 years. Visitors enjoy as many as 40 main-stage concerts at venues throughout the area.
- World War II Weekend (June) – The Mid-Atlantic Air Museum’s annual air show and WW II reenactment recreates a WW II airfield at Reading Regional Airport’s Spaatz Field, and entertains over 100,000 military, history and aircraft enthusiasts during the weekend with battle reenactments, period vehicle parades, WW II warbird rides and more.
- Reading Pretzel Festival (September) – Pennsylvania is the center of pretzel production, and Reading produces 80% of all the pretzels baked in the U.S. This annual festival celebrates the popular snack with pretzel dishes from local restaurants, crafts, craft beer tasting, and the world’s best pretzels.
- Reading Liederkranz Oktoberfest (October) – The Reading Liederkranz club hosts the oldest and largest authentic Oktoberfest in Pennsylvania, which was recently rated 4th best in the world and #1 in the USA by USA Today. The 5-day festival attracts thousands of visitors who enjoy the time-honored German tradition, along with food, drink, live music, and family-friendly hospitality.
Reading, PA offers affordable homes and the perfect blend of family-friendly festivals, culture, and history. Whether you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Greater Reading area, The Matt Wolf Team at Berks Real Estate with RE/MAX will work hard to provide you with the most positive real estate experience. Give us a call at 610-685-3189 to get started.
Here is just a small selection of homes that are available in Reading, PA.
To view more listings in Berks County, please visit our Advanced Search function here: Search for Berks County Real Estate
[idx-listings city=”Reading” propertytypes=”424″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” count=”5″ showlargerphotos=”true”]