When looking for your dream home in Berks County, PA, why not choose one of the area’s best realtors? At Berks Real Estate, our passion and expertise enable us to understand our clients’ needs and provide them with exceptional service.
The Matt Wolf Team at Berks Real Estate with RE/MAX specializes in residential real estate in Berks County and surrounding counties in Southeastern Pennsylvania. A member of the RE/MAX International Hall of Fame and Chairman’s Club, Matt Wolf and his team have vast knowledge of the region that can help you accomplish your buying and selling goals.
Berks County is tucked deep in the center of Pennsylvania’s farmland. Peppering its gently rolling hills and abundant agricultural valleys are world-recognized mountain biking trails, wineries, and farmers’ markets, as well as Reading, the county seat and 5th largest city in Pennsylvania, and many small towns loaded with history and charm.
Whether you are looking for a quaint, small-town atmosphere in the midst of large, wooded hills or something luxurious and urban that’s near major commuting routes, we can help you find something you love in Berks County.
How to Choose a Neighborhood When House Hunting
It is often just as difficult finding the perfect neighborhood as it is finding the perfect home. Here are some factors you should consider in your search:
- Property taxes. Property taxes vary from area from area, even within the same city. The revenue they generate is primarily used to pay for community services we rely on every day, such as public schools, road maintenance, and police and fire services. Tax rates and information are available from the Berks County Assessment Office.
- Aesthetics. Do you need a lot of square footage? A private backyard? Are you looking for a neighborhood with families, singles, retirees? Would you like to move right in or are you willing to put in some elbow grease? The Matt Wolf Team can help you explore the many communities in Berks County to narrow down the possibilities.
- Crime rates. No neighborhood is completely free of crime, but you will have to consider what level of crime you are comfortable with in your new neighborhood and the surrounding towns. Researching crime in the area at websites like Neighborhood Scoutcan help you discover the safest neighborhoods in any city.
- School districts.Even if you don’t have children, always consider the local school districts. Homes in neighborhoods with the best schools often retain higher values. Berks County is served by 19 school districts, of which three districts – Wilson School District, Boyertown Area School District and Wyomissing Area School District – are consistently ranked in the top 20% of all Pennsylvania school districts.
- Property values. Are property values in the area rising or falling? Is the price of a particular home priced higher or lower than similar homes in the area? The Matt Wolf Team can answer all of your questions about property values throughout Berks County and even tell you about up-and-coming areas.
Berks Real Estate would be delighted to show you homes for sale throughout Berks County. We’ll work hard to help you find the perfect place to live at the best price. Call us today at 610-685-3189 to get started!
Here is just a small selection of homes that are available in Berks County, PA.
To view more listings in Berks County, please visit our Advanced Search function here: Search for Berks County Real Estate
[idx-listings county=”Berks” propertytypes=”424″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” count=”5″ showlargerphotos=”true”]