The Matt Wolf Team can help you find real estate for sale in Berks County, PA, that is perfectly suited to your family’s needs and includes everything on your wish list!
Berks Real Estate specializes in residential real estate in Berks County, Chester County, Montgomery County, and other areas of Southeastern Pennsylvania. A member of the RE/MAX International Hall of Fame and Chairman’s Club, Matt Wolf and his team have extensive knowledge of the region that can help you accomplish your buying and selling goals.
About Berks County
Berks County is bordered on the west by the Schuylkill River, on the east by Mount Penn, and on the south by Neversink Mountain. It is tucked deep in the center of Pennsylvania’s farmland, but you will find a mix of rural, suburban and urban areas.
Scattered amid the rolling hills and lush agricultural valleys are world-renowned mountain biking trails, wineries and farmers’ markets, as well as Reading, the county seat and 5th largest city in Pennsylvania, and many small towns full of history and charm.
Berks County is about halfway between Philadelphia and Pennsylvania’s state capital at Harrisburg, and is strategically located along a major transportation route from Central to Eastern Pennsylvania.
Homes in Berks County range from charming renovated farmhouses to the most luxurious custom estates and everything in between, from traditional colonial to retro mid-century homes to the most contemporary architecture. In other words, there is a home in Berks County that will please every type of buyer.
How to Choose a Neighborhood When House Hunting
It is often just as difficult finding the perfect neighborhood as it is finding the perfect home. Here are some of the factors to consider in your search:
- Property taxes. Property taxes vary from area from area, even within the same city. The revenue they generate is primarily used to pay for community services we rely on every day, such as public schools, road maintenance, and police and fire services. Tax rates and information are available from the Berks County Assessment Office.
- Aesthetics. Do you need a lot of square footage? A private backyard? Are you looking for a neighborhood with families, singles, retirees? Would you like to move right in or are you willing to put in some elbow grease? The Matt Wolf Team can help you explore the many communities in Berks County to narrow down the possibilities.
- Crime rates. No neighborhood is completely free of crime, but you will have to consider what level of crime you are comfortable with in your new neighborhood and the surrounding towns. Researching crime in the area at websites like Neighborhood Scout can help you discover the safest neighborhoods in any city.
- School districts.Even if you don’t have children, always consider the local school districts. Homes in neighborhoods with the best schools often retain higher values. Berks County is served by 19 school districts, of which three districts – Wilson School District, Boyertown Area School District and Wyomissing Area School District – are consistently ranked in the top 20% of all Pennsylvania school districts.
- Property values. Are property values in the area rising or falling? Is the price of a particular home priced higher or lower than similar homes in the area? The Matt Wolf Team can answer all of your questions about property values throughout Berks County and even tell you about up-and-coming areas.
Berks Real Estate would be delighted to show you homes for sale throughout Berks County. Whether you prefer a starter home, an estate home, or something in between, we’ll work hard to help you find it at the best price. Call us today at 610-685-3189 to get started!
Here is just a small selection of homes that are available in Berks County, PA.
To view more listings in Berks County, please visit our Advanced Search function here: Search for Berks County Real Estate
[idx-listings county=”berks” propertytypes=”424″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” count=”5″ showlargerphotos=”true”]